Up to $1.2M is available from Strategic Growth Loans (SGL) to help SMEs with loans when traditional lenders are unable to assist.
Strategic Growth Loans (SGL)
Strategic Growth Loans (SGL) are flexible, direct loans to provide capital for emerging fast-growth SMEs that are scaling quickly and creating jobs in NSW, but face barriers in accessing affordable finance from traditional lenders.
Strategic Growth Loans (SGL) aim to drive jobs and business growth by providing emerging scalable fast growth businesses with capital to address barriers in accessing finance from commercial sources.
The SGL aligns with the overarching objectives of the Jobs for NSW Act 2015 (NSW):
- to facilitate the creation of new jobs in NSW in a way that is responsive to changes in the economy
- to facilitate the development and attraction of new businesses, and the consolidation of existing businesses in NSW
- to facilitate the provision of innovative, cost-effective and strategically targeted incentives for economic development in NSW
Direct loans ranging from over $500,000 to $1,200,000 are available to businesses with flexibility in payment terms including the flexibility of multiple advances.
Loans are offered over a term of four (4) years and at an interest rate of 9.2%. Jobs for NSW does not require the loan to be secured by personal assets such as residential property. As part of the standard terms and conditions, Jobs for NSW will place a general security over the current and future assets of the business.
To apply for a Strategic Growth Loan (SGL), your business must:
- have a registered ABN and be an incorporated company
- have a minimum of 5 employees (full-time, part-time or casual)
- be creating a minimum of 20 additional FTE jobs within three years in NSW
- be able to demonstrate likely revenue of at least $1 million within 12 months
- have been trading for a minimum of one year
- be able to demonstrate future growth for at least one year, evidenced by future pipeline or contracts
- be unable to obtain commercial finance.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.