Up to $250,000 is available for projects that assists the people of NSW participate in sport and recreation.
Call 1300 658 508
The Office of Communities aims to develop vibrant, sustainable and inclusive communities in New South Wales. This is achieved through:
- Strengthening opportunities for people across NSW to be involved in their communities
- Promoting the interests of specific population groups including children and young people and Aboriginal people
- Increasing opportunities for participation in recreation, sport and community life at all levels
- Investing in community facilities including sport and recreation infrastructure.
Sport and Recreation, within the Office of Communities, assists the people of NSW participate in sport and recreation as a contribution to community wellbeing.’
Sport and active recreation delivers many personal and community benefits including developing self-esteem, maintaining health and fitness, nurturing talented athletes and contributing to individual enjoyment of life.
The primary focus of this Program is to enable Sport and Recreation to partner with other Government agencies and key industry stakeholders to address priority issues and capitalise on opportunities as they arise.
Bulletpoint assisted the Greater Shepparton City Council to receive $7.19 million towards the Greater Shepparton Regional Sports Precinct.
This project will substantially expand the capacity of the 65 hectare Greater Shepparton Regional Sports Precinct (GSRSP) by building new fields and facilities for a range of sports.
It will provide modern infrastructure for the site, including a linking boulevard, fencing, landscaping, playgrounds,signage, car parks, traffic signals and supporting works.
The Strategic Partnership Program objectives include:
- Increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport, recreation or structured physical activity by working in partnership with other agencies and stakeholders on specific projects of significant public benefit.
- Assist people from identified groups that face barriers to participating in sport and recreation.
- Working towards NSW 2021 goals.
Eligible Projects include:
- that contribute to a multi-agency approach/initiative addressing an identified community issue
- that contribute to a whole of government response to an identified community or industry issue
- that use sport and recreation to address an industry or community issue and involve multiple stakeholders
- that produce information that will inform future initiatives and interventions that use Sport and Recreation as a catalyst for community development
- that produce information that will inform future initiatives that address an industry or community issue
Projects will not be funded that:
- provide little or no public benefit
- are narrow in scope and do not address a recognised Government or industry issue
- include facility development, except where the facility upgrade is an integral part of a broader project
- include equipment, uniforms, venue hire and registration fees, except where these are required as part of a broader project with specific community or industry outcomes
Amounts will be negotiated in line with other agency and stakeholder contributions. A maximum contribution from the Program is $250,000.
Applications are by invitation only.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation. We are an independent grants consultancy and not affiliated, associated nor endorsed by any government agency.
We know what it takes to secure this grant.
Call 1300 658 508