Up to $5,000 is available for projects that aim to make a positive difference in the community.
The SunSuper Dreams for a Better World program offers a $150,000 annual grant pool. There are four rounds this year and grants are awarded to finalists and winners in each round. At the end of the year, the four round winners compete for the grand final grants totaling $70,000.
The world needs more dreamers. Those that see groups in their community who need a helping hand and dream of ways to make life better for them. Since 2011, Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World has awarded grants to 57 different community causes, in an effort to recognise the good they do to make the world a better place.
The SunSuper Dreams for a Better World aims to help Australian-based charities, community groups or not-for-profit organisations make a real difference in the community.
The SunSuper Dreams for a Better World will have four rounds a year, each with a different theme or category. The judges will select three finalists each quarter, who will each receive a $5,000 grant. The public will then vote to determine the quarterly winner, and the finalist with the most public votes will receive another $5,000 grant for their cause.
Round 1: Open Round
Round 1 is open season for all dreams. No dream is too big, too small, too broad or too specialised – provided it meets the guidelines.
Anything goes this round – from an animal shelter to equipment for a sporting team to transport for disabled children.
Round 2: Health & People
This round is all about dreams that focus on health and well-being, and dreams that make life better for people in need.
Your dream for this cateory could be about a charity that’s helping cure a disease or illness, a group that’s assisting people with a disability or a cause that provides food for the homeless.
Round 3: Sport & Education
This round is for energetic thinkers and dreamers who want to make the world a better place for sporting clubs, recreational causes and anyone wanting to learn new skills or teach others.
If your dream is about helping disadvantaged kids enjoy physical activity, providing computer lessons for retirees or even helping your local sporting team travel to their grand final, this round is for you.
Round 4: Animals & Community
This round is for our injured, endangered, abused or sick animals and causes that help specific community groups like women or refugees.
Wildlife shelters, animal refuges and animal recue organisations are ideal for this round. So are safe houses for abuse victims, causes that help resettle refugees and environmental groups, to name a few.
Before you submit your dream in any round, you need to make sure it:
- Benefits a registered community cause, charity group or not-for-profit organisation (and not an individual).
- Is based in Australia with funds being spent in Australia (unless otherwise advised).
- Can be undertaken in the next 12 months.
- Fits with the theme of the round your are entering.
In addition, to the criteria above, additional criteria apply for entries submitted into each Round Category/Theme, as specified below:
- Open Category: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds benefit the community as a whole.
- Health & People: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to develop cures or advance treatment of medical issues faced by the wider community.
- Sport & Education: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to benefit sporting or education based causes.
- Animals & Community: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to benefit animal based or general community causes.
If you’re unsure whether your dream fits the theme for a particular round, don’t worry. Just enter it. If our judges feel your dream is not quite right for a round, it is better suited to another category, they’ll let you know by email and enter it into the right category for you.
Applications for Round 3: Sport & Education close 31 July 2016.
Applications for Round 4: Animals & Community close 30 October 2016.
- SunSuper Dreams for a better world Terms