Up to $20,000 is available to help taxi and limousine licence holders to acquire business improvement or financial advocacy services.
Taxi and Limousine Business Support Grants
Taxi and Limousine Business Support Grants are now available to Queensland taxi and limousine licence holders to acquire business improvement or financial advocacy services to adjust to changes in the personalised transport industry.
This Queensland Government program is offering funding up to $5,000 for individuals and $20,000 for applicant groups. Grants for business improvement services require a 50 per cent co-contribution from the applicant/s.
Funding may be used to access:
Business improvement services
- information technology and/or associated equipment that might improve the efficiency of the booking service
- advice relating to business, financial or strategic planning
Financial advocacy services
- financial counselling
- negotiating with creditors
- advice about recovering debts
To be eligible for assistance you must:
- be an eligible holder of an eligible licence;
- not have undertaken, or paid in part or in full, for the eligible service;
- ensure the eligible service, excluding acquiring equipment, will be provided by an eligible service provider who is:
- not related to, associated with or affiliated to you; and
- not employed by you or employed by an entity you fully or partially own;
- not have previously received assistance under this scheme for the eligible licence to which the application relates.
Applications close 30 June 2020.