$10,000 is available to undertake an ICT development project, with a Victorian university, using one or more ICT students and an academic supervisor.
The Technology Student Accelerator Voucher can be used by Victorian small to medium-sized companies (1–199 employees) to undertake an ICT development project, with a Victorian university, using one or more ICT students and an academic supervisor. Each project is expected to run for a minimum of 10 weeks. The vouchers are administered by the Department of State Development, Business and Innovation (the Department).
The Technology Student Accelerator Voucher will support ICT projects involving newly-developed technologies or the application of existing technologies in new or novel ways. Examples include:
- Applying new user interface technologies in a novel way
- Developing new algorithms for pattern matching algorithms
- Evaluating the quality attributes of a new computing platform
- Assessing the suitability of a new technology or platform for a certain novel application
- Evaluating complex requirements or workflows in a novel application
Projects that are not innovative and are part of normal software and system development will not be considered. Examples:
- Developing a website for online ordering
- Developing reporting systems for sales and marketing analysis
- Eliciting requirements, design and development of a common application
- Testing application software
- Configuring software and networking systems
Companies can apply for a voucher up to the value of $10,000 and must make a minimum cash co-contribution of 25 per cent of the voucher amount (i.e. $2,500 cash contribution for a $10,000 voucher). The value of the voucher supports the cost of engaging students and an academic supervisor.
Companies will be required to contribute to the project, guide the students and work with the university’s academic supervisor.
Please read this information in conjunction with the Technology Voucher Program Guidelines and the Guidelines for Participating Universities to check program eligibility and voucher requirements.
The Technology Student Accelerator Voucher is open to Victorian small to medium-sized companies (1–199 employees).
Victorian companies must:
- be registered in Victoria or carry out more than 50 per cent of their company activity in Victoria
- not be currently involved in litigation with the State Government of Victoria
Applications will close 2pm, on Thursday September 5, 2013.