Up to $25,000 is available from Television Development Fund to develop new television series that can contribute to the industry sustainability.
Television Development Fund
The Television Development Fund recognises the potential of television series to contribute to industry sustainability and is designed to encourage the development of outstanding projects that demonstrate strong market appeal and a high likelihood of advancing into production.
The Television Development Fund provides support for well-developed, outstanding television fiction and documentary series projects, with the aim of attracting broadcast interest and production investment.
Funding is available for two stages of the development process:
- Intermediate Stage Funding – up to $15,000.
- Advance Stage Funding – up to $25,000.
Applicants may apply only once for each stage with the same project.
The Television Development Fund is available for television series projects in the following categories:
- children’s and adult’s animation;
- documentary; and
In addition to meeting the general eligibility criteria detailed in the General Guidelines, projects must be:
- well-developed with a clearly defined market and target audience; and
- intended for production in Tasmania, or be able to provide clear and demonstrable benefits to the Tasmanian Screen Industry.
In addition to meeting the general eligibility criteria detailed in the General Guidelines, applicants must:
- be an emerging or experienced Tasmanian key creative such as a writer, producer or director. In applications for the creation of a teaser, an emerging or experienced producer must be the applicant; and
- have control of copyright of the project as defined in the General Guidelines.
- Non-Tasmanian applicants may apply if they are in a genuine and demonstrable creative and/or financial partnership with a Tasmanian resident key creative or production company. However, where a Tasmanian resident owns no rights in the project there must be written evidence of genuine marketplace interest.
- In instances where the applicant is an experienced and credited producer or production company, entry-level Tasmanian key creatives may also form part of the team.
Applications close 3 October 2017.
- Fund Guidelines