What is the Test and Isolate Payment?
The Test and Isolate Payment is a program that provides financial support for New South Wales workers who must self-isolate whilst awaiting the result of a PCR COVID-19 test.
If you need to self-isolate and are unable to work while waiting for a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result, you may be eligible for the COVID-19 Test and Isolate support payment.
This payment is available to support New South Wales (NSW) workers who are required to:
- self-isolate awaiting a PCR COVID-19 test result
- care for someone self-isolating after a COVID-19 test.
NSW workers can apply for the $320 payment if they:
- meet the eligibility criteria (including that they are waiting on a PCR test result)
- agree to follow NSW Health self-isolation guidelines while waiting for their COVID-19 test result.
From 9 September 2021, applicants must reside in NSW and have experienced a loss of income or wages. The payment can only be made once in a 30-day period, from the date that the person took the COVID-19 test.
To be eligible, you must:
- live in NSW
- have had a COVID-19 test (nose and throat swabs known as PCR tests) on or after 9 September due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- have needed to self-isolate after your COVID-19 test, or be the carer or guardian for someone who needed to self-isolate after their test
- be 17 years or older
- be likely to have worked during the period of self-isolation and are unable to work due to:
- being required to self-isolate following a COVID-19 test
- having to care for someone who is required to self-isolate following a COVID-19 test.
You are not eligible if you:
- can work from home during your time of self-isolation
- receive any income, earnings or salary during your time of self-isolation
- have access to sick leave, carers leave or special pandemic leave
- receive income support from the Australian Government (including the COVID-19 Disaster Payment or Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment) or financial support from the NSW Government (such as the micro-business grant or JobSaver payment) during your time of self-isolation
- have been directed by NSW Health to test and isolate as you’re a close contact of a known case
- have had a rapid antigen test
- are an essential worker and are required to test every 3 days.
Applications close 31 January 2022.