What is the Tier 1 Streamlined Dairy Grant?
The Agriculture Energy Investment Plan (AEIP) Tier 1 Streamlined Dairy Grants support projects on dairy farms that will improve energy efficiency which may reduce energy costs and boost energy productivity. The grants will do this through actions such as the purchase and installation of equipment that improves the energy efficiency or enables own-generation capacity.
Dairy farmers who choose to apply for a Tier 1 Streamlined Dairy Grant will not be required to have an On-Farm Energy Assessment. Projects that will be considered for funding under the Tier 1 – Streamlined Dairy sub-program of the AEIP must be on the eligible items listed Section 3.1 of the guidelines. The AEIP supports Projects that will deliver on the AEIP’s objectives by undertaking activities such as the purchase and installation of capital equipment that improves the energy efficiency and productivity of an Applicant’s farming activities.
Funding of up to $50,000 (excluding GST) will be available for Projects under the AEIP. All funding provided under the AEIP must be matched from Applicants, by a minimum cash co-contribution of $1 for every $1 funded. Projects must be completed within six (6) months of the execution of a grant agreement.
Grants under the streamlined dairy program are only available for the following items:
- Solar Photovoltaic systems up to 20kW
- Variable speed drives on pumps and/or compressors
- Thermal heat recovery systems
- LED Lighting upgrades
- Improving pre-chilling of milk (i.e. ice bank/plate coolers, heat exchangers and evaporative coolers)
- Electronic control valves
- Heat pumps
- Pump replacement (not irrigation related)
- Cooling fan replacement
- Milk vat replacement
- Reasonable installation costs.
Eligible Project expenditure must be:
- incurred by the Recipient within six (6) months of execution of the grant agreement
- a direct cost of the Project; and
- exclusive of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
To be eligible for a grant under the AEIP, Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a dairy farmer seeking support for items on the Eligible Items list for the Tier 1 – Streamlined Dairy grants;
- be a business with an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- conduct an Eligible Farm Business located in Victoria;
- spend more than $8,000 per annum (including GST) on electricity, gas, LPG and diesel (excluding transport related energy costs);
- be a legal entity;
- be able to meet the required cash co-contribution (at least $1 for every $1 provided);
- attest to having obtained all relevant regulatory permits and approvals for the Project to commence (where applicable);
- meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards; and
- agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
Applications close 31 March 2020.
- Grant Guidelines