What is the Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund?
The Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund is a grant opportunity designed to encourage Canberra-based organisations or businesses to collaborate on innovative marketing campaigns that increase awareness of Canberra and region as a leisure destination.
The Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund (TCMF) was announced by the ACT Chief Minister as part of a Tourism Stimulus Package in August 2020. The TCMF is administered by VisitCanberra.
The primary objectives of the Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund are to:
- Deliver positive and measurable economic outcomes for the ACT tourism industry
- Support collaboration between industry operators
- Support new product /experience development
- Provide increased investment in high quality marketing campaigns or projects promoting Canberra and the region
The Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund allocation for 2020-21 is $500,000. There are two categories of grants available under this program:
Grant 1 – Between $1,000 – $10,000 (exc. GST) in a single application.
Grant 2 – Between $20,000 – $100,000 (exc. GST) in a single application. Funding is only available on a matched dollar-for-dollar basis, cash contributions only.
It is highly recommended that applicants for Grant 2 funding speak with VisitCanberra prior to submitting their application.
The following projects and activities may be considered for funding:
- Marketing activities or campaigns
- Public relations activities
- Marketing costs associated with a new product or experience
All businesses applying for funding under the TCMF must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN);
- Have current Public Liability Insurance coverage to a minimum level of $10,000,000;
- Collaborate with one or more businesses (the lead business must be based in the ACT*);
- Provide an outline of the proposed marketing activity or project and how it will deliver positive and measurable economic outcomes for the ACT tourism industry;
- Provide an outline of key performance indicators (KPIs) for the marketing project or activity and how these will be measured;
- Align with VisitCanberra’s destination messaging and/or destination marketing campaign;
- Have satisfactorily acquitted all previous grants provided by VisitCanberra (except for current year’s funding), including financial acquittals for any other ACT Government agency grant;
- Agree to indemnify the Australian Capital Territory, its employees and agents from and against all actions, suits, claims, costs and demands directly or indirectly arising from the operation of the business;
- For Grant 2, demonstrate financial viability by providing the latest audited financial statements.
Applications for Grant 1 close 31 March 2021 and Grant 2 closes 23 October 2020.