Up to $2,000 is available to businesses to cover costs associated with attending international trade events.
The Trade Event Program is designed to help Victorian businesses cover costs associated with attending international trade events that are outside the current Victorian Government trade mission schedule and those events located in markets where it is not feasible to run a trade mission.
Businesses taking part in the Trade Event Program benefit by developing deeper, more strategic and sustained business relationships with emerging trading partners who share your interests and business challenges. Businesses may also be eligible to claim expenses incurred from attending a Trade Event.
To be eligible to attend a Trade Event you must be:
- Victorian based or head-quartered
- currently exporting or considering exporting
- financially viable and solvent.
- operational for at least two years
- working in a priority sector or priority market
- attending an eligible Trade Event.
Organisations are eligible to attend two Trade Events per year.
Funding must be used to offset eligible expenses arising from attending the Trade Event.
Evidence of expenditure (such as receipts) must be provided in order to make a claim.
Eligible expenses include:
- return international airfares (a copy of airline ticket/boarding pass required)
- domestic airfares, in market (a copy of airline ticket/boarding pass required)
- accommodation (room only) in market
- entry fees to conference or trade shows attended (a copy of trade show receipt required).