Up to $10,000 is available to help Victoria with export and investments opportunities.
The Trade Mission Assistance Program aims to take Victorian organisations to key overseas markets to showcase Victoria’s capabilities in key industries and to introduce the participants to potential buyers, investors and trading partners.
The program prioritises its activities to the high growth markets of China, India, South East Asia and the Middle East and Turkey. Niche opportunities are also be pursued in the Republic of Korea, Japan, the USA and Latin America.
Through participating in the Trade Mission Program, many organisations:
- Build international connections, foster business relationships and identify partnering opportunities
- Secure international orders for products and services and attract foreign investment
- Develop skills and knowledge of international markets to enhance business competitiveness
- Enhance their international profile by entering new markets
- Better understand regulatory requirements in international markets
- Secure local distributors and/or importers.
Types of Trade Missions
Super Trade Missions
- Have large scale company involvement with over 100 Victorian organisations participating.
- Involve high level Government to Government engagement which provides a platform for Victorian organisations to develop new or build on existing relationships with overseas organisations.
- Consist of 20-100 Victorian businesses and are typically sectorial focused.
Funding available is up to $10,000 across all markets in one financial year. An applicant is allowed to participate in and receive financial assistance (grants) for multiple trade missions.
Eligible expenditure include:
- Return airfares to the trade mission destination.
- Domestic airfares within the trade mission destination.
- Accommodation (room only) in the trade mission destination.
- Fees for entry to relevant conferences or trade shows in the trade mission destination.
Activities on these missions can include business briefings and networking functions, site visits, trade exhibitions and business matching.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be headquartered in Victoria or be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to Victoria’s exports and jobs.
- Be directly engaged in the industry in which the trade mission is focused or in business aligned with trade mission objective. Professional service firms (such as accounting and legal), chambers, municipal councils, and freight companies may apply but will not be eligible for a grant. Industry associations directly representing member companies may be eligible for the grant.
- Be financially viable.
- Have a sound case for doing business in the region in which the mission is focused.
- Be currently exporting or demonstrate export readiness.
- Be (or will be) exporting goods or services that are of Victorian origin or demonstrate that significant value add has taken place in Victoria. (Consolidators may only promote Victorian product during the trade mission).
- Be represented on the mission by an employee or officer of the company. Distributors, agents or other in market representatives may be invited to participate in events but will not receive grants and are not automatically entitled to all the privileges of a trade mission participant.
- Not be seeking alternative funding for the same expenses being sought or obtained for this mission.
Application is open on an ongoing basis.