What is the Trade Support Scheme COVID-19 Quick Response Grants?
The Trade Support Scheme COVID-19 Quick Response Grants is an initiative to help Northern Territory businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to engage with international markets and customers, and adapt to the disruptions impacting global trade.
The Trade Support Scheme COVID-19 Quick Response Grants is open to Territory businesses that have been adversely impacted as a result of global supply chain disruptions and travel restrictions in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Program is a temporary measure to allow Eligible Recipients to access funding under the Trade Support Scheme while international travel is restricted. The Program follows on from the Northern Territory Government’s Trade Support Scheme Quick Response Grants, Round One, which closed on 30 June 2020, and Round Two, which closed 30 June 2021.
The Program will provide matched funding for applicants to carry out approved Eligible Works that will drive increased revenue and export activity for their businesses through the delivery of export plans or digital solutions to reach international customers.
You can only apply for a maximum of $7,500 based on a 50-50 co-contribution.
Funding can be used for:
- engaging a consultant to develop or update an export strategy or plan.
- develop or modify e-commerce platforms and websites, including related foreign language translations
- innovative use of digital platforms to reach international customers and the development of targeted social media strategies
- participation in virtual/online events and tradeshows
- promotional resources to reach identified international customers.
To be eligible, you must be a Northern Territory (NT) business and:
- a legal entity and holder of a valid Australian business number (ABN) as at 12 August 2021
- a Territory enterprise
- financially viable and have not had a liquidator appointed
- open for business or plan to reopen within three months
- have an export plan if you apply for the digital solutions category
- acquitted of any previous funding received under the Trade Support Scheme
- be able to provide evidence of any other eligible criteria in the application.
You can’t apply if you are:
- an individual
- a government agency
- a government-owned body
- a local government body.
Applications close 30 November 2021.