Up to $10,000 is available to help NT businesses to offset the costs of international marketing activities.
The Trade Support Scheme provides financial help to Northern Territory (NT) businesses to offset the costs of international marketing activities.
The Trade Support Scheme aims to build strong trading partnerships and create new export opportunities by providing NT based organisations with financial help to offset the cost of international marketing activities.
The Trade Support Scheme can provide funding for up to 50% of the cost of approved activities. Funding is offered as a taxable cash reimbursement.
The following expenditures can be claimed as part of the scheme.
- You can claim up to 50% of the cost of a return economy class airfare out of the NT.
- The airfare must be on the most direct route available at the time of travel.
- Your claim can include travel taxes, insurance, and visa fees if those costs aren’t included in the airfare.
- It can cover the cost of travelling from a regional area to Darwin to catch an international flight.
- Funding is available for two people from one company. You will need to justify travel for more than one person.
- You may be able to get a part reimbursement if you want to undertake personal activities on your trip.
Marketing and Promotion
- You can claim up to 50% of marketing and promotion costs up to $10,000.
- You will need to give a detailed description and formal quote of individual items in your application. You will need to give an external supplier invoice for each item.
- You can claim up to 50% of website design costs up to $5,000.
- For example, you can claim to update your website with information on products for export or write a web page in another language.
- You can claim up to 50% of freight costs up to $2,000.
- You can claim for international freight related to export marketing, such as transporting trade show materials or product samples.
- You will not be reimbursed for goods brought into the Territory unless bringing back samples taken out of the country.
Trade Exhibitions and Conferences
- You can claim up to 50% of the cost of attending international trade exhibitions and conferences up to $6,000.
- You must provide receipts for all expenditure considered for reimbursement.
- You can get funding for up to three events.
- You can claim up to 50% of international accommodation costs up to $200 per person each day.
- You must provide receipts. Personal expenses such as dry-cleaning are not covered. Overnight travel where there are no accommodation costs are not covered.
- You can get a fixed payment of up to $150 per person each day for on-the-ground expenses.
- This payment is available to all approved applicants. You do not need to provide receipts.
- You can claim up to 50% of training costs related to export marketing up to $1,000.
- You must show the training will help your business generate export revenue.
- If your company brings in a prospective international client or business partner, you may claim from the funding categories listed above.
- This includes bringing clients to the NT to assess goods, services or facilities.
Australian Tourism Exchange
- Business participating in the Australian Tourism Exchange can apply for reimbursement of up to $3,000 in the above funding categories.
Businesses, industry groups or other organisations with a substantial presence in the NT can apply for the Trade Support Scheme.
To get funding, you must show:
- your proposed project is likely to be successful
- and the trade and economic benefits the project will bring to the NT.
You must have made less than eight successful applications for the Australian Government’s Export Marketing Development Grant.
Application is open on an ongoing basis.