Up to $300,000 is available from Value Add Agribusiness Investment Attraction Fund to help agribusinesses build competitiveness and create jobs.
Value Add Agribusiness Investment Attraction Fund
The Value Add Agribusiness Investment Attraction Fund provides funding to Western Australian agribusinesses to help them invest in new projects, expand and adopt innovative technologies which build competitiveness and create jobs.
The Value Add Agribusiness Investment Attraction Fund aims to:
- Attract and facilitate agribusiness investment in value added processing.
- Support high growth agribusinesses that can create jobs.
- Support agribusiness diversification.
- Provide benefits to regional Western Australia.
There are two streams of funding available:
- Capital Investment Funding
- grants of up to $300,000 towards capital expenditure that supports agribusinesses to invest in expansion or diversification of business operations or new projects that add value through processing
- applicants under this stream are required to match or exceed the amount of the requested grant.
- Approvals, Feasibility and Business Plan Funding
- grants of up to $100,000 towards the cost of de-risking potential agribusiness investments, expansions or diversifications
- helps with the costs associated with feasibility studies, business plans, obtaining regulatory approvals and other services necessary to de-risk a project and support an investment decision.
Applicants may only apply for one of the above grant streams.
Capital Investment Funding assistance may be available for:
- new investment or bringing forward investment in value added processing located in WA that creates jobs;
- investment that enables expansion or diversification of business operations that add value through the production process;
- investment in new manufacturing capability, processing or production facilities, new technology or plant modernisation which results in business growth and jobs creation;
- businesses to move to, or expand into, regional Western Australia.
Regulatory Approval, Feasibility and Business Plan Funding assistance may be available to support and de-risk project investment decision making including:
- technical consultants;
- professional services including, accounting, tax, legal and other services;
- property related services including architects, planners, designers and valuers;
- product or market analysts and advisors;
- specialist reports and data services as may be applicable;
- other advisors or relevant service providers.
- obtaining regulatory approval;
- obtaining licences necessary to grow operations.
To be eligible, you must:
- have an an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
- derive your main source of revenue (50% or more) from the production or processing of agriculture, food or beverage products
- have been operating for a minimum of two years
- be able to demonstrate the benefit of your proposed project to regional Western Australia.
Applications close 19 October 2018.