What is the Valuing Business Waste Grants?
The Valuing Business Waste Grants is a program that will provide businesses and not-for-profit organisations with funding for projects that identify better ways to manage waste and transition to a circular economy.
The Valuing Business Waste Grants provide funding to projects that identifying ways to recover materials for beneficial or higher value reuse and increase the amount of waste diverted from landfill, prioritising waste avoidance, reduction, reuse, and recycling.
Funding of up to $15,000.
Projects delivered by a suitably qualified, independent service provider to assist with the transition to a circular economy. Projects should focus on identifying ways to recover materials for beneficial or higher value reuse and increase the amount of waste diverted from landfill, prioritising waste avoidance, reduction, reuse, and recycling. Eligible projects include:
- waste and recycling assessments, and materials efficiency assessments
- waste and recycling contract reviews, taking into account the results of a waste assessment
- feasibility studies that analyse a specific solid waste reduction opportunity, and consider the associated investment costs, operational costs, estimated waste and financial savings, other benefits to the site or business, and availability of relevant technologies
- investigation and business case development relating to practical implementation of circular economy principles such as product redesign, service reconfiguration, product stewardship and remanufacture of used product
- strategic waste management planning and development
The program will not fund:
- in-kind costs, wages and salaries incurred by the applicant
- waste audits of pre-schools, primary and secondary schools
- activities that offer no greater benefit other than meeting regulatory compliance
To be eligible, you must:
- be a business, not-for-profit organisation, tertiary education centre, or government organisation
- be willing to engage an independent service provider (consultant) to deliver the project
Applications open on an ongoing basis.