Up to $100,000 is available from VDISCP to help SMEs compete for and win more defence, aerospace or security related work.
Victorian Defence Industry Supply Chain Program (VDISCP)
The Victorian Defence Industry Supply Chain Program (VDISCP) provides funding to help Victorian SME’s win more defence, aerospace or security related work by supporting eligible capital expenditure to meet industry specific compliance requirements.
The Victorian Defence Industry Supply Chain Program is a Victorian Government initiative arising from the Defence Technologies Sector Strategy (March 2016) to support Victorian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) win more domestic and international defence, aerospace or security supply chain work.
The Program is focused on providing support for capital expenditure to SMEs that are required to meet industry-specific compliance requirements. It is an adjunct to the Boost Your Business Voucher Program – Defence, Aerospace and Security stream.
The Program is administered by the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources.
The objectives of the Victorian Defence Industry Supply Chain Program (VDISCP) are to help Victorian SMEs win more defence and national security related work, by supporting them to gain relevant accreditations (e.g. ISO 9001), prepare tenders and meet industry specific compliance requirements such as International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP).
The Program is intended to complement other existing Commonwealth and State Government funding initiatives.
It is highly recommended that prospective Applicants have first accessed the Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC) advisory and facilitation services before submitting an application under this Program.
Matched funding of between $2,000 and $100,000 is available. Applicants will be required to match the funding with a dollar for dollar cash contribution.
The Victorian Defence Industry Supply Chain Program (VDISCP) can support projects that address the following activities:
- business systems and process certifications
- tender response assistance
- industry specific compliance requirements
To be eligible, you must:
- be a legal entity, currently engaged in a defence, aerospace or security supply chain or able to demonstrate a genuine intent to enter a defence, aerospace or security supply chain
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a SME with an operating presence in Victoria
- be able to meet the required cash contribution
- have proven compliance with all workplace health and safety obligations
- meet all industrial relation obligations as an employer.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.
- Program Guidelines