Up to $50,000 is available from the Victoria Israel Innovation Voucher Stream to help Victorian technology businesses increase their business networks and activities with Israel.
Victoria Israel Innovation Voucher Stream
The Boost Your Business Victoria Israel Innovation Voucher Stream provides small to medium Victorian technology businesses with vouchers to help them develop their innovative technology products with Israeli business partners and for the Israel market.
The Victoria Israel Innovation Voucher stream is funded under the Victoria-Israel Science Innovation and Technology Scheme (VISITS) program, which is an initiative providing Victorian and Israeli organisations with the opportunity to workcollaboratively on projects of mutual benefit.
The Victoria Israel Innovation Voucher stream supports Victorian technology companies to increase business networks and activities with Israel by developing technology projects, particularly in the areas of feasibility and proof
of concept combined with market engagement. Service activities undertaken in this stream are designed to assist companies as a precursor to engagement with Israeli organisations to further product development and commercialisation or to enter into Israeli markets. Strong applications to this stream will have an identified engagement point with Israel.
The Victoria Israel Innovation Voucher stream has the following objectives:
- Increased engagement and collaboration between Victorian technology companies and Israeli organisations;
- Victorian technology companies access Israeli business and research environments and Israeli capabilities and innovation practices;
- Increased development and commercialisation of new products, processes and services by Victorian technology development companies via demonstration, feasibility, proof of concept and market validation that have applicability in an international (e.g. Israeli) market.
Two types of vouchers are available:
- Innovation voucher – for projects that supports the development of new or improved products and services
- Market Engagement – for projects that will increase the number of Victorian companies entering new export markets.
Vouchers are capped at $50,000 and applicants must contribute a minimum of 25% of the total cost of services. Applications exceeding this may be considered on a case by case basis.
Funding may be used to:
- develop new products, processes and services
- introduce new products or processes into their businesses
- enter new export markets and secure export opportunities.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a Victorian registered business with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have an operating presence in Victoria
- meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- be developing an innovative technical product, process or service
- conduct the majority of your proposed activities with a Registered Service Provider
- meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
Applications close 13 July 2018.