Up to $25,000 is available from the Victoria Salt Reduction Innovative Grants to achieve salt and sodium reductions to Victoria’s processed food industry.
Victoria Salt Reduction Innovative Grants
FIAL & Victoria Health are committed to making a difference in consumer lives. As such they are offering businesses grants for production concerns or innovative ideas in ways to reduce this. They are so committed in supporting
those businesses. they will connect you with a “grant application expert” to help apply for the grant, provide the funds for your idea and also provide you with leading scientists and researchers in order to help your business.
The Victoria Salt Reduction Innovative Grants will provide one for one matched cash contribution up to a maximum of $25,000 for eligible applicants.
You can submit an application if you are currently receiving levy contributions from an RDC for the project,
however this funding cannot form part of the matched cash contribution towards the project. The maximum total
project funding is $50,000 i.e. $25,000 from the VSRIG and $25,000 from the applicant company. Applications that provide additional funding are eligible, however VSRIG can only match up to a maximum of $25,000 cash.
The minimum total project co-funding is $5000 for a total project amount of $10,000.
Eligible projects must:
- Demonstrate a clear technical challenge that is not able to be solved with the internal capabilities of the applicant organisation.
- Have a salt reduction objective, but can also include other opportunities for improving the health position of a
- Be able to demonstrate the clear path to market as a result of solving the technical challenge. A commercialisation plan must be included in the application.
- Clearly demonstrate the consumer insight which is influencing the market demand.
- Ensure internal training to up-skill staff as required.
- Benefit the Victorian food supply. Companies with processing capability in addition to Victorian manufacturing
must show how their project will benefit Victoria.
- Be completed within one year of the date of funding.
Eligible companies must:
- Be based in Victoria or have a substantial operating footprint in Victoria with a registered ABN/ACN
- Have more than one year of commercial sales prior to the EOI submission date.
- Already be in the market as food, beverage or agribusiness producers, or suppliers to the agribusiness chain
- Not be a university or research organisation
- Not be a Rural Development Corporation or Subsidiary
Applications from consortiums of more than one commercial organisation are welcomed.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.