Up to $10,000 is available from Westpac Foundation Community Grants to support small and local not-for-profits that are making a difference in local communities around Australia.
Westpac Foundation Community Grants
Westpac Foundation’s Community Grants program aims to help create fairer, more inclusive communities across Australia. As such, they support community organisations that provide education opportunities, employment pathways and/or improvements in the quality of life of fellow Australians experiencing disadvantage.
Organisations can apply for funding of $10,000.
In addition to financial support, Westpac Foundation is also committed to providing access to a range of non-financial support services through our Changemakers program, to help maximise the impact and sustainability of our grant recipients. Westpac employees that nominate your community organisation will be invited to act as your local Community Grant Ambassadorto help you tap into resources and networks across the Westpac Group.
In 2019, the Community Grants program is all about backing small and local grassroots organisations who are supported by Westpac Group employees so this year, Westpac Foundation are asking employees to nominate the local charities they’re most passionate about.
The 40,000 Westpac Group employees will then be invited to vote and help select up to 100 Community Grant recipients across Australia in July.
In order to be eligible, your organisation needs to be actively supporting one or more of the following key target groups:
- Indigenous Australians
- Refugees & asylum seekers
- Women at risk
- Youth at risk (>12 years of age)
- People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- People who have experienced family or domestic violence
- People living with a disability (including carers)
- People living with a mental health issue (including carers)
The following programs or activities are excluded from the Community Grants program:
- Animal welfare
- Rescue services
- Medical research
- Programs promoting religion
- Charity works outside of Australia
- Sponsorship or fundraising activities
- Contributions towards capital projects, major equipment and refurbishments that are reliant on other funding and approvals yet to be obtained in order to be completed
Applications close 7 June 2019.