Up to $5,000 is available for projects to improve children’s health and wellbeing.
The Whole Kids Small Seeds Community Grants Program seeks to fund organisations and groups that solve the root causes of problems at the community level. It looks for projects that have strong local community support and participation, in the belief that lasting change comes about at the local level through direct community involvement.
The Whole Kids Small Seeds Community Grants Program supports grassroots organisations and groups that are working hard in their local communities to improve children’s health and wellbeing through innovative and impactful projects. Its focus are on projects that primarily support children aged 12 years and under.
Whole Kids Small Seeds will provide a one-off grant up to $5,000 for an individual project. Its preference, however, is to select projects that it can fully fund at lower grant amounts. In this way, it can help fund more projects in more communities.
Whole Kids Small Seeds selects projects that aim to deliver positive impacts in one or more of the following areas:
- Improving children’s nutrition and access to healthy food.
- Reducing environmental health risks to children.
- Encouraging greater access for children to education and learning opportunities.
- Building stronger local communities for families and children.
- Creating safe areas for children’s play, recreation and enjoyment.
- Enhancing children’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Protecting children’s human rights and promoting social justice.
- Protecting our environment, wildlife and natural wilderness for current and future generations of children.
To be eligible for consideration for a Whole Kids Small Seeds Community Grant, all applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Be a legal entity, community group or an incorporated non-profit organisation.
- Have a current ABN.
- Have a current Australian bank account in the name of the community group or non-profit organisation.
- Have an Australian-based community project that meets one or more of our focus areas.
- Submit a completed online application form before the funding closing date.
- Have read, and agree to, the Whole Kids Small Seeds Community Grants Terms and Conditions and submission criteria (as detailed on this page).
Applications for Round 4 close 31 Mar 2016.