What is the Wine Export Grants?
The Wine Export Grants is a program offered for specific export promotion activities aimed at supporting small and medium-sized enterprises to secure new international distribution channels.
The Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package seeks to transform the Australian grape and wine industry by driving demand for wine exports and showcasing Australia’s wine tourism to the world. One of the aims of the Package, is to build the capability and capacity of small and medium wine businesses to capture export and tourism opportunities, particularly in China and the United States of America.
As a component of this, Wine Export Grants will be offered for specific export promotion activities aimed at supporting small and medium-sized enterprises to secure new international distribution channels.
The Wine Export Grants are part of the Export and Regional Wine Support Package. Wine Australia is administering these reimbursement grants on behalf of the Commonwealth and in accordance with paragraph 2.9.d of the Commonwealth Grants Rules and Guidelines (CGRGs) the Wine Exports Grants will be administered in accordance with the CGRGs.
The objectives of the Wine Export Grant are:
- to reduce the transaction costs of securing new distribution channels for wine exporters; and
- to promote wine exports, and in doing so increase the opportunity to grow exports from Australia.
To help counter the impacts of COVID-19 on in-market events, Wine Australia is offering $1 million towards Wine Export Grants Round 2.
The grant will act as a reimbursement for costs already incurred. Only expenses incurred on or after 1 July 2020 will be eligible for claiming under the grant. Applicants can make a maximum claim of AUD$25,000 and can only receive the grant once within the duration of the grant program.
Wine producers may be eligible towards reimbursement for the cost of promotional activities in any export market, including:
- Free samples including freight or transport
- Trade fairs and forums – including online and virtual promotions, marketing and advertising collateral specific to your international audience
- Specific travel costs (includes a daily allowance, limits apply).
If you are a wine producer in Australia you may apply for the grant if you:
- had an aggregated turnover of less than AUD$20 million, including an export turnover of less than AUD$5 million, during the financial year immediately preceding your application
- promote your Australian wine product for export; this includes the export promotion activities being applied for through this grant.
Applications close 1 May 2021.