Up to $250,000 is available from the World Game Facilities Fund to assists local football (soccer) clubs and organisations to upgrade or develop new facilities.
World Game Facilities Fund
The World Game Facilities Fund is a Victorian Government funding program that assists local football (soccer) clubs and organisations to upgrade existing or develop new facilities across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Strong, active and healthy communities need high-quality, accessible, well-designed and managed infrastructure for sport and active recreation activities. Developing new facilities or improving the quality of existing facilities to
increase participation and wellbeing is a priority for the Victorian Government.
The Program reflects the government’s commitment to health, wellbeing, and community sport and active recreation, as well as boosting the capacity of communities to attract and host local and regional competitions and events.
Improving participation outcomes is a key objective of the program. Applications must clearly demonstrate how the project will maximise their capacity to cater for additional participation in football (soccer). Specifically, projects will:
- improve access to quality football (soccer) facilities for females and increase participation
- encourage participation by juniors, people living in growth areas and communities experiencing disadvantage
- demonstrate innovation and flexibility in dealing with issues of demand for football (soccer) facilities
- encourages development of multi-use, shared and co-located facilities
- collaborates with schools and community groups
- collaborates with relevant state sporting association/s and peak bodies
- improve safety, address risks, demonstrate universal design principles and ensure compliant facilities
The World Game Facilities Fund promotes the importance of developing more inclusive partnerships between clubs, councils, relevant state sporting associations/peak body, local leagues and associations and the Victorian
Government to build a more active Victoria.
The fund aims to support local football (soccer) clubs and organisations, with grants of up to $250,000 for projects such as lighting, pitch redevelopments, synthetic pitch developments and unisex accessible change rooms.
Improving participation outcomes is a key objective of the program. Applications must clearly outline how the project will improve participation outcomes.
Football (soccer) projects that could be funded include, but are not limited to:
- outdoor multi-sport playing surfaces – new and/or improved surfaces that increase use or safety
- unisex accessible change rooms
- outdoor sports lighting that improves participation opportunities and safety
- projects that result in energy or water efficiency, such as warm season grass conversions.
Only local government authorities can apply directly to Sport and Recreation Victoria for funding from this program.
Councils are required to discuss their project(s) with their Sport and Recreation Victoria representative before submitting an application/s. Local clubs and community organisations are advised to contact their local council to discuss their project, to ensure it meets the program’s objectives and criteria.
Applications close 30 May 2018.