Up to $100,000 is available from X-TEND WA Program to deliver innovator and / or investor educational programs to help start-ups and entrepeneurs develop their businesses.
X-TEND WA Program
X-TEND WA Program provides organisations with funding to help them deliver innovator and / or investor educational programs to WA start-ups, emerging businesses and entrepreneurs.
The X-TEND WA Program is a competitive grants program, funded under the New Industries Fund, which is designed to build capability and capacity within the WA innovation community.
In order to create new jobs and industries in Western Australia, there is a recognised need for improved and expanded educational programs for entrepreneurs to become ‘investor ready’ and/or to scale their businesses.
Additionally, there is also a need to expand the educational opportunities of investors and corporates to deliver better access to investment capital for entrepreneurs and innovative business owners in Western Australia.
The New Industries Fund will invest up to $100,000 per successful application.
X-TEND WA Program seeks applications which support the development of entrepreneurs and investors and may take the form of educational forums, mentoring, and incubator and accelerator programs. The State Government will accept proposals from teams, with a proven track record of success, which deliver activities in one or two of the following two streams:
- Entrepreneurial education – programs which improve investor readiness and equip entrepreneurs with the skills to effectively craft an investment pitch, engage investors and understand the commercialisation process. Programs which support SME’s or startups with high impact potential to build successful, sustainable and scalable businesses.
- Investor education – programs which educate and activate current and potential investors, through providing best practice tools to make more successful investment decisions for investing in local ventures. By doing so this will encourage the availability of more private capital, improving overall outcomes for Western Australian enterprises.
The program must be delivered in Western Australia and contribute towards the growth of the innovation community. Proposals that strengthen innovation ecosystem collaboration and improve access to, or participation in, the Western Australian innovation community are encouraged.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and/or Australian Company Number (ACN);
- Have your business/organisation’s (including not-for-profits) registered business address in the State of Western Australia; or
- be an Australian business/organisation not located in the State of Western Australia, that agrees to register a business address in the State of Western Australia; or
- be an international business/organisation that agrees to set up a registered business whose registered business address is in the State of Western Australia.
- Be made by a valid legal entity that can enter into a funding agreement with the Western Australian Government;
- Be a solvent Western Australian based non-government organisation (business or not-forprofit);
- Be a cash co-investment application (at least 1:1 matched cash funding);
- Put forward a program proposal that aligns with one or two of the streams within the Scope of Activities, as indicated at Item 6 below;
- Clearly explain how the proposal will contribute to job creation in Western Australian; and
- Includes a project plan that includes a timeline, deliverables, a clear and reasonable budget, resources, risks, IP management, stakeholder engagement and how impact/success will be measured.
Applications close 23 April 2019.