Need Infrastructure Funding?
Call 1300 658 508
What is the Regional Infrastructure Fund
The Regional Infrastructure Fund provides funding to improve local infrastructure and services, creating jobs and boosting business opportunities within Regional Victoria and is delivered by Regional Development Victoria (RDV).
The objectives of the RIF are:
- to increase economic and social benefits through improved community access and usability of precincts
- to increase economic and social benefits through investment in strategic infrastructure.
In the past, the Regional Infrastructure Development Fund has focused on six priority areas:
- Tertiary education;
- Sustainable industries;
- Industry investment and development;
- Transport and access; and
- Community and cultural infrastructure.
Bulletpoint assisted the Greater Shepparton City Council to receive $7.19 M towards the Greater Shepparton Regional Sports Precinct.
This project will substantially expand the capacity of the 65 hectare Greater Shepparton Regional Sports Precinct (GSRSP) by building new fields and facilities for a range of sports. It will provide modern infrastructure for the site, including a linking boulevard, fencing, landscaping, playgrounds,signage, car parks, traffic signals and supporting works.
The Regional Infrastructure Fund is the main infrastructure program of the Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund (RJIF). It aims to harness key regional strengths to improve regional Victoria’s productivity and liveability. It invests in major infrastructure projects that create or enhance the conditions for economic growth, and build diversified and sustainable regional economies that are resilient to change.
The Regional Infrastructure Fund provides public grant funding for the following four program streams:
This program stream aims to harness the economic strength of regional Victoria’s visitor economy. It will create new or redevelop existing tourism and cultural assets that improve the attractiveness of regional Victoria and stimulate increased visitation and private sector investment. These projects will diversify regional Victoria’s economic and social base.
Productive and Liveable Cities and Centres
This program stream aims to stimulate new investment opportunities and jobs growth. It aims to increase the use and dollar-spend within regional Victorian cities, centres, towns and precincts as well as improve access and connectivity to transport, retail and service hubs. Projects supported under this program stream will coordinate a number of economic and social services and activities and create or enhance economic growth conditions.
This program stream supports regional industries to innovate, build resilience and improve adaptability to changing economic and environmental conditions. This program stream recognises that investments in strategic and enabling infrastructure are critical to providing a competitive environment for existing and emerging regional industries to operate in.
At the same time, they help unlock the region’s growth potential.
This program stream will assist rural Victorian businesses and communities to create opportunities for economic growth. It will also assist in enhancing the appeal and liveability of rural towns and surrounding areas by improving local infrastructure.
Regional Infrastructure Fund applications will need to demonstrate the proposed project’s ability to meet a significant number of criteria.
Funding will be provided for projects that:
- improve the economic performance of a precinct
- improve business, transport, retail, education, social, cultural, industry or community linkages
- provide multi-purpose infrastructure, suitable and accessible for a wide range of business and community groups such as business hubs, co- working spaces, community and event facilities
- support cultural initiatives of economic significance to the region such as renewal of buildings and sites, arts and cultural centres or resource facilities.
Some of the criteria for assessment of Regional Infrastructure Fund may include:
- Does the proposed project attract new investment, or complement other investments in your region?
- Demonstrate how the proposed project will create new jobs
- Show how the proposed project facilitates the integration of your region into global markets, including opportunities for exports or import replacement.
- Identify any other ways in which your project will stimulate or maintain economic growth in your region
- Demonstrate how the proposed project enjoys relevant local community and/or industry support.
- Show how the proposed project is consistent with ESD during construction and operational phases
- Indicate how the proposed project will contribute to or build on identified key regional strengths and how it adds value and benefit to existing products and services.
- Demonstrate how the proposed project provides an adequate social return to the community, and indicate who else will benefit from this project.
- Show how the proposed project is consistent with objectives and key outputs of local or regional economic development strategies, including Municipal Strategic Statements
- State how the proposed project is consistent with the Victorian Government’s stated policy commitments to regional Victoria.
- Identify project risks and how these are to be managed
- Demonstrate that your project is financially viable in construction and operation.
- Identify the opportunities for increasing the skills of Victorians and Australians and the potential to undertake innovation, research and the development of technology.
Regional Infrastructure Fund applications will be considered from:
- private sector businesses and agencies
- business and industry groups including:
- chambers of commerce and business associations
- industry peak bodies
- business and industry clusters
- local government authorities
- government departments and agencies
- not for profit organisations and community groups that:
- are an incorporated body, cooperative, or
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Tax Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment
- higher and other education institutions Individuals are not eligible to apply.
The second round of the fund’s program is due to open for applications from 16 June. Under this competitive round, local regional and rural councils will be invited to apply for grants.
Need Infrastructure Funding?
Call 1300 658 508
17 May 2021 – Romsey Ecotherapy Park receives $615,000
A third round of funding has been announced for the Romsey Ecotherapy Park. The $615,000 grant comes from the Regional Infrastructure Fund – Stimulus Round. The Labor Government is also investing $3.5 million for a new multipurpose community hub at the site of the Trentham Mechanics Institute and $500,000 for the first stage of the Wombat Hill Gardens Master Plan. The fund is key to the Labor Government’s $8 billion investment across regional and rural Victoria unveiled in the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
|Midfield Meat International||Midfield Group Capacity Upgrade||$1,500,000|
|ViPlus Dairy||ViPlus Toora Milk Plant Development – Stage 2||$1,500,000|
|W. Ryan Abattoirs||Ryan Export Upgrade Project||$1,375,000|
|Parks Victoria||Grampians Peaks Trail – Stage Two||$1,200,000|
|Tatura Abattoirs||Tatura Abattoirs Expansion Project||$1,200,000|
|Phillip Island Nature Parks Australia||Nobbies and Summerland Peninsula Tourism Expansion Project||$1,200,000|
|Pactum Dairy Group||Pactum Dairy Group (PDG) Future Ready||$1,000,000|
|Unilever Australia Trading||Unilever Tatura Investment Project||$879,930|
|Deakin Residential Services||Student Housing – Geelong||$853,710|
|Workco||Upgrade of Longerenong College Student Residential Facilites||$666,667|
|Murray Dairy||Murray Dairy Accelerating Change||$485,969|
|Alysium Gardens||Alysium Gardens Aged Care||$420,000|
|Brandy Creek Winery & View Cafe||Brandy Creek Spa and Wellness Centre||$250,000|
|Pactum Dairy Group||Ultra High Temperature Dairy Milk Processing Plant||$250,000|
|Australian Fresh Salads||Vegetable Processing Expansion Project||$200,000|
|Kagome Foods Australia||Installation of a Permanent Beetroot Line||$200,000|
|CTE-Custom Transport Equipment||CTE – Weerong Road Expansion||$200,000|
|Gippsland Body Builders||Darcan Way Expansion and Equipment Upgrade||$150,000|
|Australian Trailer Manufacturers||Relocation & Expansion of Australian Trailer Manufacturers||$150,000|
|Gibsons Groundspread||Gibson Ground Spread Expansion Project||$150,000|
|Maffra Farmhouse Cheese||Soft and Club Cheese Production Expansion Project||$150,000|
|Park Avenue||Clean Room Laundry Expansion||$150,000|
|Safetech Tieman Solutions||Safetech Capacity Expansion||$150,000|
|Riviera Farms||Infrastructure & Processing Expansion Project||$135,000|
|K & R J Matthews Quarries||Tyers Quarry Plant Upgrade||$100,000|
|Barolli Orchards||Barolli Export Expansion Opportunity Project||$90,000|
|Casalare||Kyabram Food Packing and Filling Facility||$72,000|
|ACN Orchards||ACN Orchards Export Opportunity Expansion Project||$60,000|
|Boumbis Operations||Boumbis Orchards Export Expansion Opportunity Project||$60,000|
|Latrobe Valley Bus Lines||Latrobe Valley Bus Lines Workshop and Body Shop Upgrade||$50,000|
|Latrobe Valley Sands||Latrobe Valley Sands Expansion Project||$50,000|
|Spectrum Sales||Spectrum Outbound Sales||$50,000|
|Toolamba Fresh||Toolamba Fresh Expansion Project||$30,000|